Tuesday, December 14, 2010

10 min Total Body Workout!

For everyone out there who wants to tone and strengthen EVERYTHING, but doesn't have time to hit the gym for an hour. . . This is an awesome (and quick!) workout. These are some of my fave exercises, and I incorporate them into most of the workouts I do for myself and my clients. And best of all, you won't need any equipment!

1. Squat to Knee-Up Twist


Stand with legs shoulder-width apart and feet parallel, arms behind head. Squat while keeping heels down, back straight, and abs tight/engaged. Return to standing position and bring right knee up while twisting torso to right. Do 20 reps alternating sides.

2. Plank Hold


Get into low plank (push-up position with forearms on floor and hands stretched out). Keep abs and glutes tight/engaged. Hold for 40 seconds.

3. Plank Ladders


Get into high plank (push-up position). While keeping body straight and abs engaged, bring right knee toward chest without touching leg or foot to ground. Return to plank and repeat with left knee. Do 20 reps alternating sides.

Perform all 3 exercises without rest in between. Once done, take a 60 second rest/water break, then repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Awesome workout! I love the squat to knee-up twist and the ladders. As for the plank hold...I hate it, but I love it. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete